Monday, February 17, 2014

Rubber to Road: Starting up those starts!

We have talked about it.
We have budgeted for it
This is the year we will have a kick ass garden.  Step One: From seeds to seedlings.

The Seedling vs starts  debate has been settled and here I present you with grow station.  Here is what you will need for your own starts station:


Total Cost: $125

We were able to find the lights and bulbs at our local Habitat for Humanity store here in Richland.  I recommend one cool and one warm spectrum bulb per light.  I do not spend the money on the garden grow lights as these have seen me through thus far.

Why start our own?  I love to see the first germination, the first leaf unfold and see as our jungle of a garden grows and grows.  I love to pick exactly which variety I want to grow and have lots of options.  I love tending to an indoor garden when the February cold hits.  And finally, we are looking forward to staggering our plant dates a few weeks to hopefully encourage a long and plentiful harvest.

I cant wait to see the first little guy push through the soil!

No comments:

Post a Comment