Friday, May 20, 2016

Rich Reds with Januik Winery

OK OK I am going to start this off by admitting I am partial to Januik wines.

Januik Winery Weinbau Vineyard Cabernet Franc
 Not only because I work with the vines that become his wines.  Not just because I know Mike Januik ran Chateau Ste Michelle Wine Estates before embarking on his own project. not because I know Miguel Rodriguez, whom I work with at Weinbau, gives all he has got to these grapes.  All of these are great reasons but let me tell you the truth.  These wines speak for themselves.

Visit the Novelty Hill / Januik tasting room in Woodinville
DO IT.

I love the concrete urban feel to the winery. There are not too many other wineries in Woodinville where you get to peak into the production area and barrel room from the tasting bar.  There is even spaces for large group tastings (hello, Bachelorette Party anyone?!) and event space!  I have yet to go to a wedding here but they were setting up for one on my last visit and it looked so cute.
Miguel Rodriguez Cooking Carne Asada atop grapevines for the crew at Weinbau

There is room for large groups perched above the fermentation room where you can sip and see the tanks the grapes were fermented in.  Or if the sun is calling your name, you can enjoy an afternoon on their patio.  BTW YES, Seattle does get sunny days.

You have to try any of the wines from Weinbau when you Visit.  If you can't make it to Woodinville, do yourself a favor and buy the Weinbau Vineyard Syrah online.  You will be so happy you did.  Plus with a $30 price tag this juice is a great value!  Seriously go get it.  The Weinbau Cabernet Franc pictured above is already sold out!  The Bacchus White Riesling is fabulous as well.  Riesling is such a light, lively and bright wine and it is perfect for summer and that PNW seafood!

Have you tasted around Woodinville?  What are your favorite wineries to visit?  



No comments:

Post a Comment